The health and safety of you and your family when visiting our office is a top priority. That’s why our team relies on extensive cleanliness procedures in dental tool sterilization to protect our valued clients and staff. Considerable degrees of sanitation and dental sterilization are in effect to provide you with high-quality care in a clean environment.
Use of disposable materials
Disposable materials include:
- Face shields
After each use, we discard these items. Our staff is trained in proven methodologies when using and handling disposable materials, ensuring they are stored, used, and disposed of properly.
Use of reusable instruments
Instruments that we cannot discard are cleaned and disinfected before and after each use. The process below is followed to ensure proper dental sterilization methods are followed:
- Clean – Cleaning is carried out using ultrasonic cleaners, which completely remove all bacteria, germs, and debris.
- Package – Once clean, instruments are wrapped in applicable packaging prior to sterilization until we need them.
- Sterilization – The instruments are sterilized using FDA approved dental autoclave sterilizers.
- Disinfect – We disinfect all machines and surfaces with EPA approved cleaners.
This process is standard practice for all dental offices. But we’re highlighting it for you in hopes of putting your mind at ease during your next visit.
Ensuring your safety
Our staff goes through comprehensive training in accordance with recommendations by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) – which are utilized in our daily routines. These trainings dental techniques and guidelines take place for our staff every two years, and are more frequent during this pandemic.
In addition, surfaces are made safe and clean by using:
- Sterilizing dental equipment between uses
- Making soap and sinks readily available
- Using disposable materials when possible
- Gloves and face masks
- Cleaning all surfaces with professional-grade disinfectants
Our advanced dental sterilization machines and equipment include dental sterilizers, dental autoclaves, and steam sterilizers. These machines kill bacteria using steam, heat, and pressure.
Training and client dedication
As stated above, these procedures and protocols are updated regularly in accordance with the American Dental Association and the CDC. Please let us know if you have any questions! We are happy to give you additional information regarding the steps we take to protect you and your family from bacteria and infections. We look forward to seeing you soon!