Family dentistry encompasses several services. These include regular cleanings to keep all of your family members’ smiles healthy. Comprehensive exams are included to keep an eye on your family’s oral health now and to help minimize dental problems in the future.
Every member of your family has a different set of dental needs. Thankfully, our Vita Dental team has extensive knowledge in providing customized treatments to patients of all ages.
Here is a guide to dental needs for your family’s life stages:
- Babies: We recommend seeing your child at age one or when the first tooth comes in, whichever comes first. Baby teeth serve as placeholders for adult teeth so they need to be checked before and when they come in.
- Toddlers: Toddlerhood is the best time to teach children good dental habits such as brushing. It’s also the time they learn to be comfortable going to the dentist, so schedule regular appointments for them and encourage brushing at home.
- School-Age Children: From ages 6-12, children lose baby teeth and gain adult teeth. Regular check-ups can ensure their teeth are coming in correctly or determine whether orthodontia or other specialized care may be needed.
- Teens: Hormonal changes, sports, and activities all can have a bearing on proper and safe oral health. Teens should have cleanings and exams every six months, as this is a prime time for cavities. Teens will also need to see their specialists if they have braces or retainers.
- Young Adults: As kids go off to college or move out of the house, encourage them to keep up with their dental hygiene. They especially need regular cleaning and exams, and they must continue at-home brushing and flossing.
- Adults: As we grow older, staining from years of eating and drinking can become evident. Periodontal disease can creep up, and teeth may become loose or decayed. And, many adults want cosmetic procedures such as teeth whitening or veneers.
- Senior Citizens: Our teeth have served us well for years and may require some restorative work or dentures, bridges, and crowns. Bone loss and poor nutrition can also contribute to dental problems as we age. Continue regular check-ups and cleanings.
How Vita Dental Keeps Your Family Healthy
Educating children on how to care for their teeth while they are young helps them establish healthy dental habits for the rest of their lives. Vita Dental understands that each child has specific dental needs. We are here to provide the highest quality treatment to each member of your family and to educate your child on how to maintain good oral health for years to come.
Vita Dental uses the latest technology to help diagnose and treat our patients. From X-rays to crowns, technology helps us keep our patients comfortable and our procedures the most accurate and effective possible.
Professionals & Services Under One Roof
From check-ups of baby teeth to restoration of adult teeth, Vita Dental offers the services your family needs for a lifetime of excellent oral health. We will keep you on the right track and help you achieve your optimal dental health, all with unparalleled professionalism.
Early detection of conditions such as gum disease, tooth decay, and oral cancer is one of the best ways to ensure you maintain optimal dental health. Vita Dental strives to provide the best preventive care for your entire family through regular exams and cleanings. We also place a great deal of emphasis on home care because consistent daily oral hygiene is also vital.
Make sure every member of your family is scheduled to see us twice a year! Call today.
Good dental habits and practices learned in childhood are carried into adulthood. We understand that each child has specific dental needs. We are here not only to provide the highest quality treatment to each member of your family, but also, to educate your child on how to correctly maintain their oral health for years to come.