A filling repairs and restores the surface of your tooth that has been damaged by decay, fracture, or any wear. Dental fillings strengthen your teeth. If tooth decay is not promptly repaired at its early stages, it can worsen, and additional or alternative dental treatments may be necessary.
What Is the dental filling procedure at Vita Dental?
After a meticulous examination of your teeth, gums, and supporting bone structure, Dr. Price will discuss treatment options with you and gladly answer any of your questions. Then, he will:
- Numb your mouth so you won’t feel any pain
- Remove any decayed or damaged tooth surface
- Isolate the tooth using a “dental dam” to keep it clean and free from saliva during your procedure
- Choose the appropriate dental filling material
- Apply adhesives and filling material to the prepared area, while shaping it to match the look and feel of a natural tooth, and finally,
- “Harden” your new filling so it adheres to your tooth.
What is a tooth-colored filling?
Tooth-colored composite resin is a combination of finely-ground acrylic and quartz-like particles that can be tinted to match the color of your afflicted tooth. The adhesive can also be securely bonded to your tooth’s structure to create an effective seal against oral bacteria and reinfection. The resin provides such lifelike results that it is frequently applied in cosmetic tooth bonding.